FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does Top Dog gain access to my home?
Do I need to be home for the clean? Should I leave or should I stay?
This is entirely up to the homeowner. Due to new COVID restrictions we ask that you either leave the home or close yourself in another part of the home away from the team. This will respect the 6 feet mandated distancing.
How can I get the most value out of my house cleaning service?
Taking some time to tidy and declutter your home prior to any visit will maximize what our team can do for you. Advising the office of any special requests or areas of concern will ensure that we are focusing on your needs and proving the best experience possible.
Is there anything Top Dog doesn’t do?
- Heights – We do not do any work that involves ladders or requires the staff to climb higher than a small step stool. This means tops of kitchen cupboards and light fixtures are often out or reach. These areas may be wiped down with a duster using an extension, but will not be able to be scrubbed.
- Clutter/organization – We work around clutter. We do not organize or clean clutter. In order to get the full Top Dog experience, we ask clients to tidy areas before the team comes!
- Outdoor areas – We do not have equipment for outdoor cleaning areas like patios, decks or driveways. We can do garage sweeping, but need to be advised ahead of time as we have a special broom that is used for this. This is at an additional charge.
- Pet messes/body fluids – We do not clean any type of pet mess or bodily fluid. This applies to both humans or pets. This includes, but is not limited to: litter boxes, pet messes, bird guano, blood, feces, urine, vomit, and overflowed toilets.
- Mold – Some amount of pink/orange mildew, or even darker mold, is common in some homes. Don’t worry – we can clean small amounts of mold. Large amounts of mold in shower areas, on walls, etc. can affect air quality and pose a safety issue. We aren’t able to clean in rooms that are heavily affected by mold, or in homes with heavy mold infestations.
- Bugs – We apologize that we aren’t able to offer post-fumigation cleanings. We ask that any bug infestations or fumigation clean-ups are completed in their entirety before we enter a home. We will not clean any areas that are currently infested.
- Fireplaces – The soot/ash from a fireplace will damage our equipment, especially our vacuums. Simply provide a broom and dust pan, and we’ll be happy to sweep out the fireplace upon request.
- Laundry – We do not offer any laundry services such as ironing or washing/drying your items.
- Dishes – We do not offer any dish washing services.
- Other contractors – We do not provide instructions to other contractors, companies or vendors on or give access to the home or business to any third party. If another company will have workers present will we communicate with them to complete services. We ask that the office be advised so we can let the teams know of the the presence of other work crews at the home or business.
- Unless specifically requested, the following items are not included in your clean – inside of your dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, washing of dishes, or cleaning your hood fan. We have a list of options that can be added on to your cleaning for a surcharge.
How do I pay for my appointment?
When you book your appointment you will be directed to our secure portal to pay with a major credit card. For recurring appointments this card will be stored and charged for each appointment. If an appointment is cancelled or postponed in accordance with our cancellation policy, your card will not be charged.
Can I request a specific time for Top Dog to arrive?
We offer booking windows of 30 minutes. That means our arrival will be within a 30 minutes time frame based on the appointment time.
How long will my appointment take?
We are a flat rate service company and book by the job not the hour. The appointment time slots assigned are estimates. These time slots are booked based on the answers provided on the booking form. We stay until the job is complete.
I don’t know the exact square footage of my home
Please do your best to estimate. Once the team visits your home for the first time, based on that visit, they will be able to determine if the home is larger or smaller than the initial estimate. If there is a significant difference, the office may contact you to adjust your appointment timing or pricing to reflect the home.
Why do you need information about my home?
When you fill out our online booking form you are asked a series of questions about the size of your home and number of bedrooms and bathrooms. This information helps us determine the length of appointment required, the number of cleaners to send and how much to charge.
So…how does this work? Where do I start?
Once you are ready for the Top Dog experience, it is as simple as going to our online booking form. Answer a few questions about your home and what services you are interested in, choose a date and time, and submit payment. On the chosen date and time our time will come and provide cleaning services.
Do I have to sign a contract?
For residential services we do not require a contract. You can cancel with Top Dog at any time. For commercial or custom jobs, we may provide a contract to protect both the business and Top Dog and to be clear on the job and responsibilities.
What areas does Top Dog serve?
We serve Ottawa and the surrounding communities: East to Orleans, West to Carp, South to Kemptville and all areas in between. We only serve areas that have free parking.
Are you pet friendly?
You bet we are. We understand that your four legged friends are important and a big part of your family. We may ask that dogs be crated or contained for their safety and the safety of the team.
Does Top Dog use eco-friendly products?
Yes, Top Dog prides itself on using high quality environmentally friendly products. We use hospital grade disinfectant in high touch areas for a safe clean!
Do I need to supply my own vacuum or cleaning supplies?
Top Dog provides all of their own cleaning supplies and materials. If you have a certain product you wish us to use, just let us know and we will be happy to do so.
Are you bonded & insured?
Yes, Top Dog is fully bonded and insured for commercial and residential cleaning in Ontario. All staff must provide a security clearance before visiting client homes and businesses.